Though we are in trying times, opportunities continue to abound for some of us creators and business owners. Many of the ideas outlined below have been percolating since the inception of our company, while others are brand-spankin’ new. We are grateful to all of you for your patronage as we pivot and grow.
Here is a quick summary of the changes we’ll be making:
- Exclusive, one-time pre-order campaigns will now launch from our website a few months before release. Each release will feature three pre-order packages, ranging from premium (multiple custom signed books + merch + a content subscription on our website + eBooks) to downright affordable (signed book + ebook). We see this as a way to help our authors without asking for charity. Authors will receive their 50/50 split within 14 calendar days of each month-end–much faster than our traditional royalty accounting through our distributor.
- Books will still be listed with our distributors and will appear with retailers as usual. Amazon will likely also feature pre-orders. Barnes and Noble, Walmart, and Target may as well. Royalties from those sales will be paid as usual. This pre-order campaign will be exclusive on our website and through us, and will be in addition to everything we normally do.
- We are going to release some books sooner than we had previously scheduled. There are more readers requesting new content than we anticipated, and we want to meet the demand. Many of you have expressed excitement at the prospect of our books being released sooner. Thank you for sharing that with us! We are pleased to answer!
- We are introducing a new membership to a new sub-area of the website, which we’re (for now) calling the Content Hub. It’ll be filled with original fiction and non-fiction content. Exclusive access will be granted to people who purchase a 1, 3, or 6-month membership, or those who are given 12 months of access as part of a pre-order package.
- The free books on our website will be removed on April 30th. We will continue to offer free deals through Amazon.
- We will be adding content to Youtube and social media in order to further promote our authors and their books. We hope you’ll engage with us and get to know our catalog and our community. Both are spectacular.
- We’ll be using our email newsletter to deliver book recommendations, exclusive content, original short fiction and non-fiction, and book news. Please sign up if you haven’t yet!
- When things stabilize, we will adapt our approach to physical book events and expos. At this time, we have no events scheduled.
We appreciate you taking the time to read about our company and our authors and we are excited to share new work with you soon. Stay tuned for the first pre-order launches later today!